Saturday, September 22, 2012

Steve's Tale 15

Steve's Tale
Chapter 15

“Don’t wake them.” Josh held his finger to his lips. He was sitting in the armchair by the door, a book in his lap.
“How long have you been here?” Steve mumbled sleepily, rubbing his eyes and trying to untangle his legs. Simon and Miles were still asleep, Miles’s head tucked against Simon, their legs entwined in comfortable familiarity. 
“About an hour.” 
“Am I in trouble?”
Josh beckoned with his finger. “Come here and we’ll talk. They look like they could use their sleep.”
“You’re going to spank me.”
“Steve.” Josh rose and held out his hand. “I asked you to come here. You don’t disobey me.”
“Yes, sir.” It was all Steve could say when Josh looked like that. Josh was a big man, and when he stood with that stern expression on his face he was imposing. “I’m sorry about the bowl. It was an accident.” Steve could feel the tears in his eyes and knew he was babbling incoherently, but couldn’t stop himself.
“Here.” Josh pointed at the floor near his feet.
Steve scrambled to obey, feeling the familiar roil in his stomach and the splash of tears against his cheeks.
“You’re a mess, boy.” Josh pulled Steve backward into the chair, arranging him in their familiar straddle position with Josh’s arm snug around Steve’s waist and Steve’s back pressed against Josh’s chest. “Settle, boy,” Josh growled: strong, familiar, and infinitely comforting. “That’s better, boy,” Josh rumbled in Steve’s ear after a few minutes. “Panic over with?”
“Yes, sir.” Steve leaned against Josh’s shirt, soaking in the closeness and the security. This was so much easier than this morning. He didn’t have to look at Josh; Josh just knew and took over. Miles had been rational, had wanted them to talk like equals. This was the way Steve liked it; Josh had control, and it was no longer Steve’s concern. “How much trouble am I in?” 
“Broken bowl, popcorn on the floor, no note, no cellphone, not studying. Should I go on?”
“Josh.” Steve didn’t try to stop the whine in his voice. Josh never reacted to it, but he could always hope. “I already got spanked once today.” Steve felt his face redden as he said it. Why should it matter? Josh spanked Steve; it was no secret.
“Simon?”
“No, Miles.”
Josh flipped Steve around on his lap so he couldn’t escape the scrutiny of Josh’s eyes. He put his hand under Steve’s chin and studied Steve until he was squirming in Josh’s gaze.
“He did OK. I deserved it.” Steve flushed again and bit his lip. Why was this so hard to talk about? He could feel a fine sheen of perspiration on his forehead, and it wasn’t hot in the room.
“You both all right?” Josh’s voice was warm and deep, and he was still studying Steve intently.
Miles would probably have made some wisecrack about mustard on his nose if a top was having a stare down with him. All Steve could manage was a small flustered nod.
“The disarray makes more sense now.” Josh stroked Steve’s hair back and kissed his forehead. “The spanking was about the bowl?”
“I threw a magazine at Miles and kind of missed,” Steve said softly, embarrassment making his face hot again. “But I was being kind of awful before that.”
“We don’t throw things in the house,” Josh said sternly.
“Yes, sir.” That was easy; Steve could cope with this, no tricky questions about why just orders not to do it again.
“You were supposed to stay at school and have lunch with Mike and Luke. Steve, I knew today would be hard for you.”
“I forgot my meal card,” Steve said with a gulp. Forgetting things was like leaving messes and no note, on the list of things good boys didn’t do.
“And you knew if you borrowed one it would get back to me. You can make life very complicated for something so easy.”
“It wasn’t just about that,” Steve said, suddenly frustrated. He’d wanted to be with Simon; it wasn’t right to be kept at home. He wasn’t a kid to be kept hidden from the ugly stuff. “I’m going with Simon and Miles.” God, did he just say that? It sounded like a high school cheerleader cooing about her jock boyfriend. He’d never gone with someone. He hadn’t hidden he was gay, but no one had appealed to him. Steve had thought college would be different, more guys to choose from, no horrified dad pretending to be otherwise and insisting it was just a phase. The gay part had been easy with his dad; Steve didn’t want to think about his brief foray at Thanksgiving trying to explain his alternate lifestyle as his dad had called it. Two men would blow Dad’s mind, and that was without the other parts.
“Simon asked you to stay home. He had enough on his mind today without worrying that you were gallivanting all over the countryside.”
“He was glad we showed up,” Steve said, squirming in Josh’s lap. This wasn’t how the conversation was supposed to go. He shouldn’t be in trouble for wanting to be with Simon. Miles had driven.
“You need to obey your top’s wishes. I asked you to stay at home and so did Simon.”
“Miles agreed it was a good idea. He’s a top. Why doesn’t his opinion count for anything?”
“Don’t shout; you’ll wake them.” Josh swatted Steve on his thigh. “Behave, boy.”
“It’s already too late for that,” Miles said, his voice thick with sleep. “Never fall asleep with your contacts in; my eyes feel like sandpaper.” Miles drew himself into a sitting position, rubbing at his eyes with his fist.
“Do you have a pair of glasses with you?” Josh asked.
“No.”
“You don’t keep a spare set in your car?”
“No, and don’t get all toppy with me. I don’t want a caretaker. And yes I know I should always have a pair of glasses, and no I don’t do it, and I don’t plan to do it, and don’t you dare spank me for it.”
“We don’t have that sort of arrangement,” Josh said steadily, his arms locked around Steve, keeping the young man anchored in his lap. “You don’t need to pick a fight with me. You’ve already left an elaborate trail of breadcrumbs. That is what this is all about, isn’t it?”
“Miles is a switch,” Steve blurted out. “He wanted you to spank him.”
“Steve,” Miles said, a red flush on his neck. “Jesus! Feed me to the wolves, why don’t you.”
“I’m sorry,” Steve said quickly, twisting in Josh’s grip. Miles had said it earlier. Why was he upset now? This was Josh, not a stranger, and it wasn’t some big secret.
“Stop it, both of you.” Josh stood and with surprising ease moved closer to the hearth with Steve still in his arms before dropping on the floor near the heat of the fire. “Miles, come sit with us.” Steve braced at the tone. It was Josh at his most demanding, and Miles noticeably startled and scrambled to his feet, flustered, his braid swinging over his shoulder, but he didn’t protest. “Sit.” Josh snapped his fingers and pointed to the floor next to him. “Boys, do I need to wake Simon, or can you tell me what’s going on in a civilized fashion?”
Steve flushed, glad that Josh’s arm was securely around him. He didn’t want more trouble, but he kept finding it.
“Steve’s right,” Miles said, his arms wrapped around his knees. Despite sitting next to Josh, he was leaning away from the older top, and Josh had made no effort to pull him closer. “I’m a switch. The mess was my fault.” Miles twisted the colored beads around his wrist, tugging at the bracelet as if it were too tight. “They say I wanted you to come after me.”
“Who are they?” Josh asked.
“Simon and David.”
“And you agree?”
“Yeah,” Miles said softly, his eyes fixed on the flickering fire.
“And you want me in the top role and not Simon?”
Miles nodded, still not looking at Josh.
“All right, boy.” Josh reached out and hooked his arm around Miles’s slender shoulders and pulled him close, tumbling him against Josh’s side and chest. “If you’re bratting for me, boy, I get to touch you,” Josh said in that familiar rumble that always made Steve’s breathing steady and his heart rate slow. “You’re responsible for the vanishing act and the mess?”
“Yes, sir.”
“I knew we hadn’t left a note and that my phone was in the hall,” Steve said. “It wasn’t all Miles’s fault.”
“It’s a pretty big mess. I figured there were two rapscallions.”
“I spanked Steve already. That would be double jeopardy,” Miles said.
“Are they fighting over who’s in trouble? I would gladly have given up my spot in line this morning. David swings a wicked paddle.” Simon had propped himself on one elbow. His blue eyes still looked sleepy, but there was no mistaking the glint of amusement. “Two boys fighting to have pretty red asses. I must be living right.”
“Simon!” Miles said sharply and then broke into a broad smile. “Shit! You’re right. I was friggin’ asking for it.”
“Language, boy.” Josh said.
“It used to be worse; Simon harasses me about it.”
“Not enough,” Josh said.
“I might have to up the ante. It seems my boy wants a little more from me,” Simon teased, his eyes sparkling with mischief.
“Si, you’re killing me,” Miles said with a half smile that spoke of both enjoyment and embarrassment.
“If you're bratting in our house, you don’t swear. It’s one of my things. I think a few lines would take care of the problem, but you do seem to have an affinity for spanking, boy.” Simon smiled wickedly.
“Steve, what have I gotten myself in for? How do I get out of this?”
Miles’s voice was light and teasing, but Steve thought he saw tension in Miles’s angular face and clenched hands that were wrapped around his long, denim clad legs. What should he tell Miles? Josh didn’t kid this way. They didn’t play these kinds of games.
“Miles.” Josh’s voice was deep and quiet, a tone that both soothed and immediately demanded attention. Josh’s big hand squeezed the back of Miles’s neck: warm, comforting, and also controlling, or at least Steve always found it that way. “How you play this is entirely up to you. With Steve I take his choices, or at least I pretend to take his choices. You’re not Steve, and I’m not giving you that option. I pushed it when we were over at Milton’s because I thought you were going to implode.”
“I liked that,” Miles said almost inaudibly. His head was buried in his knees. Steve couldn’t help but stare. He knew that posture; it always ended up with him over Josh’s knee: sore, worn out, and for some reason a hell of a lot better.
“Fine. I’ll knock some sense into you. Up, boy.” Josh rose, pulling Miles to his feet by the back of his shirt. Miles was tall, but caught in Josh’s big paw he looked small and overwhelmed. “Move. You don’t leave messes in my house, boy.”  Josh pushed Miles in front of him, sending him stumbling forward. “Stand up, boy, and walk to your punishment like a man. Don’t make me drag you.”
“Steve, come here.” Simon’s hand was on Steve’s arm. He tugged hard, dragging Steve into his chest. “They’re playing. Josh won’t treat you that way, and he won’t hurt Miles.”
“How do you know?” Steve let Simon pull him closer. He wanted to hide inside those thick arms. This was safe; this he understood.
“Has Josh ever hurt you?” Simon asked, his breath hot against Steve’s ear.
“No, but--”
“He was dragging Miles’s out by his shirt collar and sounding nasty. It was scary.”
Steve nodded.
“Miles is less than half Josh’s age; he’s not as broad as Josh, but he’s not a weakling. I’ve seen him manhandle drunks out of the bar twice the size of Josh. If he hadn’t wanted to go, he would have let Josh have it, and I was sitting within helping range. The two of us could have easily flattened Josh. Miles wanted it a little rough.”
“I don’t want that.”
“Sweetheart, I know. You’d have to give me a notarized letter with two witnesses before I’d even consider it,” Simon said with a laugh. “Miles wants to flirt with the dark side, and Josh is a very safe target. I was watching. Josh never took his eyes off Miles; he was weighing each response. They didn’t negotiate the scene the way it’s described in safe sex classes, but it was consensual and agreed upon, and I would bet if Miles wants more than an occasional little thrashing, Josh is going to force a negotiation with all of us present and Gordon or Milton. Let’s hope this gets it out of his system. Talking about this in front of all these guys will take ten years off my life.”
“That was scary,” Steve said almost inaudibly. He thought he understood what Simon was saying; the words were reassuring, and Simon seemed unconcerned, but it had been frightening. Josh wrapped his arm around Steve’s shoulder or held his hand; he didn’t yank Steve around by his shirt and push him brutally forward. 
“Kiddo, no one’s going to do that with you.” Simon half carried Steve to the oversized armchair by the fire. “My sweet boy.” Simon arranged both of them in the chair. “The fire feels good, doesn’t it?” he said after a minute.
Steve nodded, his eyes on the flickering flames, but his mind on Josh pushing Miles in front of him, the coldness of the push, the fierceness in Josh’s eyes. He shivered despite the warmth of the fire.
“Penny for your thoughts.” Simon ran a single finger down Steve’s cheek. “Are you still worried about Josh and Miles?”
Steve studied the firelight, the crumbling log breaking into burning embers, the dancing flames sending an occasional spark into the air. What was he doing? This wasn’t how he imagined college. He’d wanted to leave home, start life anew. Everyone promised it would be the best time of his life, better than high school. Well, it wouldn’t take much to be better than high school; small and gay had never been a good combination.
“Stevie?” Simon’s fingers traced through Steve’s hair: soft, gentle, almost hypnotic. “Scary isn’t it? Twenty, gay, kinky, and with a lover who likes something that’s bat shit crazy.”
“I thought you didn’t swear.” That was an inane comment. Everyone swore; he didn’t care if Simon swore. Josh didn’t swear.
“Swearing’s better than brooding. David, who’s death on swearing, taught me that. ‘Shout, scream, kick the walls, throw the furniture around, but you’re still going to talk to me.’ I must have heard that every day for months. I started turning on the vacuum or the garbage disposal every time I saw the damn man so the noise would block his incessant questions. He sent the vacuum to the rummage sale and made me sweep with the broom. Bastard!” Simon kissed Steve’s cheek before touching their lips together in the briefest of promises. 
“More.” Steve licked his lips provocatively. He wanted Simon to touch him; he needed Simon to touch him. Simon’s lips closed firmly against Steve’s mouth: long, deep, and nothing chaste.
“My wanton, boy,” Simon said very gently, his hand had somehow found the way under Steve’s sweater and shirt and was playing ever so lightly against his firm nipple. “I’m not getting caught by Gordon having wild sex in the armchair, so this will have to wait.”
“He’s seen it all before.”
“Landon!” Simon and Steve both shouted simultaneously.
“Whoa! I just came in to see if you wanted a snack. I didn’t expect to find you in the middle of a hot love making session. This is a public room.”
“Knock, boy. I’m sure you’ve heard that before.”
“And miss all the fun,” Landon said with a wide grin. “I have a reputation to maintain.”
“Why Gordon ever lets you sit comfortably is beyond me. I should light a few flames on your backside for this.”
“Just you try,” Landon said, laughing. 
Simon rolled his eyes. “Just this time I’ll give you a free pass. I’m much too comfortable sitting here admiring the fire.”
“You’re eyes seemed to be everywhere but the fire.”
“You are impossible, boy!”
“Impossible is my middle name.”
Steve had been embarrassed, but now he couldn’t help but giggle. Hysterical giggles were rising in his chest and throat. Landon was strutting around like a peacock, flirting shamelessly, and it was all insanely funny. “Do you always do this?” he choked through his laughs.
“No, only for guys I like.” Landon smiled, his eyes ablaze with laughter, his face almost boyish. His smile was so genuine, so bright that Steve couldn’t help but feel the warmth. It was like Landon was suddenly his closest friend. “That’s better.” Suddenly the impish, crazy boy was gone. “I heard Josh with Miles; they were making a racket.” A very slight smile traced the curves of Landon’s mouth. “I take it that he’s spit it out that he likes to play both sides of the aisle. Either that or he hurt Jer. Josh will beat the tar out of someone who messes with Jer.”
“He switches,” Simon said as if it were the simplest thing in the world and an obvious fact. “And he likes to play rough.”
Landon perched on the arm of the chair and dropped a hand on Steve’s back: heavy, reassuring, and very top like. “He’s like I am. It takes a hard push to get me in the right place. I rather like sporting a lovely pair of stripes, and, of course, Gordon is happy to be of service. Steve, don’t look so horrified.” Landon kissed the top of Steve’s head. “We understand what you like. Simon has you tucked up in his arms in complete safety. Miles wanted a thrill from he-man Josh and a chance for an uncomplicated cry and a bit of a cuddle before he remembers that he hates to be cuddled.” 
Steve huddled closer to Simon. He didn’t want it rough and stripes for fun... The cane had been awful.
“This scares you, doesn’t it? Landon asked, ruffling Steve’s hair. “Miles will be your top no matter what games he decides to play with Josh and Simon. Remember I saw him with you; he was being a top and a very good top. I’m Gordon’s boy, but do I feel like a sub to you right now.”
“No,” Steve mumbled into Simon’s shirt. Landon was confusing. He bounced and teased, but now he was reassuring and calming. He felt like a top. How did he switch? How did Miles switch? Steve didn’t want to be a top; he wanted the security. God, he was obsessed with security; he sounded like those old geezers who call the college radio station to complain about pension benefits. They were always talking about security. He wasn’t old; he should be the brave one, wanting to try something new.
“Oh, kid,” Landon said with a soft smile. “I blew Sheldon’s mind for years when I would ask for a little fun. You’re not the only young guy who finds this all overwhelming. Lean on your men; they’ll guide you through it, but I want you to do me a favor.”
“What?” Steve said with trepidation.
“I want you to work on convincing Miles that Simon is a strong top raring for a challenge. Miles needs to show this side to Simon. Josh, Gordon, and Milton can stand in, but it’s you two with Simon who can have the most fun. You need to help Miles figure out how to do this at home.” Landon ruffled Steve’s hair. “Just think, you’re the experienced sub here, and Miles is the baby.”
Steve made a face. He didn’t want to be the experienced one. 
“You’ll still be our boy,” Simon said in a reassuring baritone. “Yeah, I knew what you were thinking. You like be watched over, fussed over, and occasionally spanked. Miles and I want to do that. I’d show you exactly how much we want you, but we seem to have an unwelcome guest.”
“And you’re a top,” Landon teased. “Disgraceful this younger generation. No knowledge of proper decorum. What is the world coming to?”
“And Gordon let’s you out of sight, boy?”
“Who me?” Landon said with a look of wide-eyed innocence that made Steve envious. He could never do it that well.
“Boy, go. We’d liked to get back to more important matters,” Simon said.
“I’m afraid you’re too late.” Landon popped to his feet as Josh came in, his arm wrapped around a calm but red-eyed Miles.
“Landon, are you harassing them?” Josh asked.
“No, never, I was just explaining the birds, the bees, and a switch.”
“And how confused and terrified are they now?” Josh asked, his tone sharp, but his eyes laughing. Steve couldn’t help but stare at Josh. Josh was strict, solid, dependable; he didn’t tease.
“I was only keeping them on their toes.”
“Really?” Josh smiled. “Would Gordon see it that way?”
“Yes, of course,” Landon said sweetly and smiled innocently. “I am always the perfect host, making sure all our guests are comfortable.”
“And I wasn’t born yesterday. Do I need to take you out in the hall with me?” Josh growled.
“Don’t tempt me,” Landon said with a flirtatious smile.
“Boy, Gordon should be canonized for putting up with you.”
“Ah, someone who sees my point of view. It is a pleasure when Joshua graces us with his presence,” Gordon said from the doorway. Gordon was flanked by Jer and David.
“So much for our privacy,” Simon muttered.
“Is there a problem?” Gordon asked.
“No,” Simon said hastily.
“Very well,” Gordon continued smoothly. “Since all the involved parties are present that we should discuss finalizing the relationship between Simon, Miles, and Steve. Miles it has been awhile.. My partner is a switch, and I would recommend that you take the time to consult with him. I heard most of your performance with Josh.” Gordon cleared his throat. “It was certainly loud and public. At times this facility is shared by many men; you might prefer to be more discreet if you do not want the involvement of others.” 
Miles flushed red. Joshed wrapped an arm around his waist and drew him close. “It’s the middle of the week and out of season. Your secrets are safe with us.”
“I feel like a damn animal in the zoo,” Miles said, jerking away from Josh. “I’m a switch; I’m not a freak or a sideshow.” Miles balled his hands into fists and swept across the floor to the farthest corner where he stood glaring at the fire.
“The young,” Gordon said with surprising gentleness. “I am old, irascible, and cantankerous, young man, and most importantly, despite what you currently believe, everyone in this room cares deeply about you and about your success with both your partners. I may not do yoga or wear fancy earrings, but I do understand more than you think. I have been in a power exchange relationship since before you were a twinkle in your parent’s eyes. My partner is a switch, and neither of us is weak willed. Now that I have explained myself I will tolerate no further discourtesy. Am I understood?” Gordon looked expectantly at Miles, not hostile, but Steve was glad to be safely surrounded by Simon’s arms.
Miles stared into the fire without answering, his shoulders hunched, his look defiant.
“Miles, do we need to talk?”
Steve drew a deep breath at the deep bass of Simon’s voice and the slow cadence of its rhythm. This was a top in discipline mode, not that weird whatever Miles had been doing with Josh earlier. Steve understood this. In Miles’s shoes, he would beat a hasty retreat and pray it wouldn’t be too bad. Miles must have read the same thing in Simon’s tone because his head flew up, and he shot a quick glare at Simon, his expression between defiant and desperate.
“Come here.”
Miles moved. It wasn’t a tone that could be disobeyed. He hovered a half step away from the chair, his head down and his hands jammed in the pockets of his jeans.
“Here, not over there.” Simon tapped the side of the chair with his fingers.
“You have the chair occupied, and I’m sure as hell not kneeling.”
“It might be more comfortable than sitting.”
Steve slid off Simon’s lap to the floor. He didn’t want to listen to them bicker. He often sat on the floor, his back against Josh’s legs, Josh’s knees pressing into his spine.
“What are you doing down there?”
Steve could hear Miles’s voice above him. He could hear the strain and unsteadiness. That was the thing about the floor. Steve didn’t have to make eye contact; he usually didn’t even have to talk; he could just absorb the warmth and the comfort. Why couldn’t Miles get that? “Miles, I’m OK.” Steve wanted to say more, wanted to explain whatever mystical thing that happened after a spanking, but he knew it would come out all jumbled and confused. 
“Steve.” Miles dropped to one knee; his hand brushed against Steve’s face, the rope and bead bracelets sliding across Steve’s cheek. “I’m being an ass, aren’t I? I can’t seem to get this right. I’m sorry.”
“Don’t be sorry.” Steve pressed against Miles; he wanted Miles’s arm around his waist or at least the slim hand resting on his shoulder. “You’re not an ass.”
“I wish,” Miles said with a flippancy that was obviously false.
“Put your arms around Steve,” Simon ordered. 
Miles hands dropped around Steve’s waist. He had flinched as the sharpness of Simon’s tone just as Steve had.
“Lean against me. Pull Steve against you. Better. You’re both my lovers, my special young men, my boys. Neither of you are asses. Am I understood?”
“Yes, sir,” Steve answered promptly. This he understood. Simon was laying out the rules and normal people be damned. Steve liked it this way. He should resent the authority, all the movies with the rebellious and wild teen and college kid. He wanted it; he friggin’ loved it. Crazy.
“Miles?”
“Yes, sir,” Miles, whispered.
Steve twisted in Miles’s grasp, turning and dropping a kiss on Miles’s cheek. “Thank you.” Steve didn’t know why he said it, but it just seemed to be the right thing.
Miles’s tightened his arms, his breath soft against Steve’s cheek. “No, thank you.” The words were too soft to be heard beyond their tight huddle. “I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. I need your help.”
“Miles, sweetheart.” Simon had dropped to the floor and with a swift tug he pulled both Miles and Steve against him. His voice was soft, for their ears only. “Boys, I love you. That’s all that matters right now. I love you both. I’m a top and I do know how to do this; no matter what a mess I have been making of it. Steve, you are our submissive, our boy to be cherished. Miles, you are Steve’s top, but you are also my boy. You’ve been angling for that all morning, and I’ve been clueless. David should have kicked my ass more than he did, and I might have caught on quicker. Miles, as my partner, you will not be rude to my friends. I will not permit it. Do I need to spank you to remind you of that fact? I am more than happy to take you out into the hall, but it’s going to hurt like hell. Make sure you want that.”
“No, sir. I don’t need another spanking,” Miles said after a moment.
“Good. Now go apologize. I want a comfortable bed and my two boys alone, and we won’t get either until you play nice.”
Miles untangled himself and rose to his feet, making a grimace as his abused muscles stretched and flexed. He twirled a bracelet on his wrist, making no move toward the other men crowded against the far side of the room. 
“Ugh,” Landon said expressively and with a quick, bouncing stride closed the gap between him and Miles and pulled Miles’s limp form into a strong hug. “You just got your head handed to you for being rude. I know that expression. You have Landon, master switch, at your side; nothing bad will happen. I’ll keep those tops’ hands off your sweet butt cheeks.”
“Landon,” Gordon growled.
“Yes, dear. I know I’m being uppity. You can practice your spanking skills on me later.” Landon grabbed Miles’s wrist and towed him toward the others. “Be nice now, and that goes for all of you, not just our newest switch.”
“Earlier--um--earlier I was rude. I apologize.”
Gordon placed his hand on Miles’s shoulder, and then as if he thought more was needed he enveloped Miles into a slow, strong hug. He whispered something in Miles’s ear that Steve couldn’t hear and passed Miles to David. Miles was passed to each man as if it were a well practiced dance. Each embraced Miles and whispered something. Josh was the last, and he wrapped Miles into a rough, familiar hug. His voice carried and Steve could hear the words.
“When you do this, you are certainly extravagant. Try to behave, boy. If Simon tops this off, sitting will be a distant memory.” Josh swatted Miles hard enough to make him flinch and reach back.
“What did I do?”
“Just a reminder.” Josh swung Miles’s around and looped his arm through Miles’s as if he was escorting Miles at a formal dance. “Your husband.”
Simon scrambled to his feet, pulling Steve up with him.
“Thank you,” Simon said and pulled Miles into a hug.
“If anyone else hugs me, I’m going to lose all my stuffing,” Miles teased, struggling out of Simon’s arms. “I feel squashed.”
“Behave, boy,” Simon growled and tugged Miles back into his arms.
Josh flicked his hand across Miles’s exposed rump. “Behave, boy.”
“Ouch,” Miles yelped. “Two against one. No fair.”
“In stereo correction. It’s just what you need,” Josh joked as he reached for Steve. He lifted Steve off his feet and crushed the smaller man against his chest. “They love you. Be good to them.” he whispered before putting Steve down. “I’ll escort you to your room.”
Steve thought he saw tears in Josh’s eyes as he turned to lead them out of the room. Steve turned toward Simon and Miles, rooted in place from Josh’s few words. Simon and Miles moved tight against him, their steps practically carrying Steve along.
“Gentlemen, your room.” Josh opened the door to a large suite. “I will leave you. Room service will bring a tray. Congratulations.”
Josh turned and strode off down the corridor, his long legs eating the distance before Steve could respond.
“Steve, sweetheart.” Simon’s fingers traced down Steve’s jawline before cupping Steve’s chin. “Josh loves you very much and will always love you, but you are ours.” Simon kissed Steve hard, demanding Steve’s full attention as Simon plundered his lips and mouth. 
“Bed! Now!” Miles pushed from behind, shucking his clothes even as he reached to close the door.
This wasn’t their first time, but the tangle of arms and legs was more frantic and desperate. Finally sated they lay entwined together, not one man but a collection of three.

The End

2 comments:

  1. Yeyyy!! Thanks again for reposting. Yesterday was a bit of a downer, and it was nice to curl up with some of this at the end of it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed your rereading of the story.

      Delete