Friday, February 8, 2013

Mike's Saga 8


Mike’s Saga 8

Yesterday had gone far better than Mike could have imagined. Milton had handed Mike to Tilden and disappeared. Mike had heard footsteps on the stairs and Austin’s irrepressible giggle late in the evening. They must have gone out, leaving Mike with the less complicated side of the family.
There had been no reproach from Tilden, only the cautious expression in his eyes that he couldn’t hide and hands that were almost too gentle showed the depth of his hurt. Luke had been more blunt or at least blunt for him. 
“Are you staying this time?” The words had been soft, almost whispered, but Luke had stood rigid as if every muscle was working overtime to control his emotions. Mike had only managed a nod, and they had fallen together into a heap of tears and hugs and quick sex. 
The sex was easy. Mike could do sex with his brain shut off. The physical pleasures were easy. It was the other side that was so damn broken. They hadn’t talked, not really. Well, Mike had rattled on about his apartment, his work, Gabe and Jack, anything that he could keep at a distance. Tilden hadn’t pushed. They’d eaten, curled up on the sofa and watched movies, eaten again, and tumbled into bed for another round of sex.
Mike was in bed alone now. Tilden and Luke had risen early, and Mike had pretended to be asleep as they had both dressed in running clothes and headed out. Most likely Tilden would have taken Austin with him, so only Milton and Sheldon would be in the house. Mike stretched, his arms not reaching across the vast expanse of the empty bed.  The sheets still smelled of all of them: Luke’s shampoo, Tilden’s toothpaste, and the smell of library stacks that always clung to Luke and Tilden. The sheets were the crisp linen so favored by the persnickety head of the Green Mountain Boys. From the feel, someone had ironed them and maybe even aired them in the backyard under the pale winter sun.
Mike needed to get up. He couldn’t lie in bed all day. Someone would come get him eventually, and the questions he didn’t want to answer would be asked more sharply and more persistently. The floor was cold underfoot; he’d forgotten how cold these wood floors could be. He didn’t bother to dress: boxers, T-shirt, and a borrowed sweatshirt was fine. How long did he expect to stay dressed anyway? Milton wasn’t going to refrain from handing out deserved retribution forever. How hard would he do it? Supposedly he had truly beaten Sheldon. No one talked about it; no one really knew. Correction, none of the submissives really knew. Milton and Tilden talked; Tilden would have been told, and at least according to rumor Ryan had seen the aftereffects. He wasn’t saying, and Sheldon only shrugged and said he’d asked for it. 
Milton had spanked Mike more than a few times, but it had never been scary or terrifying or close to any limits. The worst part had always been the damn lectures. Mike didn’t want to be lectured, and he didn’t want stood in the corner like a naughty child. He was a submissive, not some Kewpie doll to punish and fuss over. He’d get lectured for this; there was no way around it. Milton had an overblown ideal about family, and Mike had trod all over the appropriate family myths. Yeah, a lecture was coming.

Sheldon was in the kitchen, his elbows on the table, his eyes on a tablet computer. “Killed again,” he moaned.
“I bet Milton doesn’t like you playing computer games. Shouldn’t you be scrubbing the kitchen floor or something?” Mike knew he was being obnoxious, but he couldn’t stop himself. The words just tumbled out of his mouth. 
“Mike, you’re supposed to take your breakfast and go upstairs and talk to Milton.”
“Great,” Mike said sarcastically. “So how bad is he going to kick my ass?”
“That’s between you and him.” Sheldon dropped his head back to the tablet.
“So when did you become the little slave robot? Is this my future? Yes, sir. No, sir. Two bags full.”
“Mike, go talk to him.”
“Fuck it!” Mike slammed the coffee cup onto the counter and watched it shatter into a cascade of tiny pieces. “Shit!”
“You’re barefoot. I’ll get the glass. Get upstairs.”
Mike backed toward the door, but didn’t leave. “Sheldon?”
Sheldon looked up, his green eyes resting on Mike. They were calm and clear and completely contained. 
“I’m sorry.”
“I know you are.” Sheldon set the dustpan down and walked across the kitchen. He kissed Mike’s cheek and ran his hand over the short stubble of Mike’s brown hair. “We love you. Milton won’t kill you; he’s never killed me.”
“Shit!”
“I would suggest a more expanded vocabulary.”
Mike cracked a small smile. “Why aren’t you yelling at me?” Mike wasn’t sure he’d meant to ask the question, but the words had already come out. Sheldon cocked his head and smiled. It was an expression of such kindness and sympathy that Mike felt a sudden wetness in his eyes.
“Kiddo, if I lash out at you, Milton would kill me, and I don’t want to anyway. You’re scared and lost and hurt. You don’t need me piling it on. It would be easy to rage at you. You hurt us, but I do understand, and I’m Milton’s slave. My behavior reflects on his mastery, and he doesn’t approve of outbursts of temper.”
“You can just turn it off? Don’t you feel anymore?”
“Yes, I feel. It’s not about on or off. It’s about control. I gave Milton my rights. He wants restraint, and I am duty bound to honor it. I feel, I hurt, I love, I am every bit the emotional human I always was. Sometimes I think I feel more now that I’m not exploding right, left, and center.”
“Do you like it?”
“Sometimes.” Sheldon’s smile was enigmatic. “I know it was what I was looking for, but I don’t always like it. Slavery is not a condition to always be liked. My pleasure is his. That’s a hard lesson, and a lesson I must repeat often.”
“I couldn’t do that.”
“Milton won’t ask it of you; he couldn’t even ask it of me. I had to demand it from him. It’s right for us, but it would crush you. Milton’s many things: my master, my lover, my friend, Austin’s dominant and anchor, Tilden’s lover and dearest friend, Luke’s dominant for the ten-seconds he wants it, and the head of the household for all of is. What is he for you? You want a dominant who can take you away from the demons inside your own head. He can do that. He can make your entire world revolve around where his next touch will be: the flick of the lash, the brush of his lips, the caress of his voice, the heat of his palm. He can do that for you, but you must give him your loyalty, your love, your honesty, and your absolute trust. He can’t dominate without all those things; his heart requires it. He’s not an unkind man; he won’t just beat you and walk away. I see him huddled with Gordon and Landon and Tilden and Ryan, trying to figure us out. His need to dominate is as important as his need to breathe, but he must also love and cherish and care to the point that he tears himself up inside. Don’t ask him to dominate without also letting him love and care. It’s not fair to him.”
“You’ll share him?”
“It’s not my choice. I’m his slave.” 
Mike could only stare. Sheldon had said it naturally and easily and with an acceptance that Mike couldn’t even imagine. “I’m not that perfect,” Mike finally said.
Sheldon laughed: brightly, happily, and openly. “I’m about the most non perfect human that ever walked the planet. You’ll do OK. Let yourself go. We’ll catch you.”
We. Sheldon had said we. Mike was jealous and spiteful and needy, and this man was saying we. This man who had swallowed an explosion in his relationship was saying we.
“I’m not that good.”
“You are,” Sheldon said firmly. “You belong here. You’re one of the six, and without all we fail. We all love you, even me, and I was the tough one of the group. We won’t fail. Go talk to Milton.”

13 comments:

  1. I was very happy to see this posted this morning. Hopefully Mike, Luke and Tilden talk for real soon. I'm very curious to find out what Milton will do. Hopefully Mike can ask for what he needs and everything will work out well. Great chapter, hope there is more soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I posted nine today. I'm afraid nine isn't a pleasant little chat.

      Delete
  2. I stumbled across Reality check Verse last week and have thoroughly enjoyed these stories. Now that I am all caught up, and impatiently waiting for the next chapter in Mike's Saga, I'm also very curious to what you are planning next: what other stories are you working on - still under the umbrella of RC or starting up something else? And of course, more importantly how often do you plan on posting?

    You have a wonderful and powerful writing style. I do hope you have extensive plans to continue writing.

    Any recommendations of other blogs or sites who write on D/s fiction? (Although, I do want to make it very clear - its not just the D/s content of your stories that I enjoyed, but also the expression and perception - your unique and captivating writing style will be difficult to match)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your very kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I updated the site today. I have more RC verse written, and I have some bits of other stuff.

      As for recommendations, I'm fond of Clawkit's Reclamation. http://www.elizabethmarshallstories.com

      I also like Kor's John and Rick.
      http://korusial.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Thank you for updating. I can't wait to see where you go with Mike's story.

      Checked out the other 2 sites- really enjoyed Kor's stuff.

      Is there a central blog, like tara's tea room that have D/s links. Would love to read more. Any other recs?

      Alternatively, I'd rather you update like daily (I can dream) so i can just read your stuff :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you for your comments. Updating everyday I'm afraid won't happen. As far as a group site of D/s stories, I don't think there is one. There are extremely few consensual D/s stories on the internet. There are a few in fan fiction, but in general most D/s and BDSM stories on the internet are nonconsensual, mostly slave and rape fantasy. For the few of us who focus on consensual D/s, especially with original characters, the lack of community and readership makes it hard to maintain enthusiasm. Certainly I probably halved my readership when I left the discipline fiction realm, and I cut my readers willing to respond to stories by at least 75%.

      Delete
    4. Natasha,

      Thats real unfortunate. Well you've definitely got a follower in me. Your stuff is great- I read it all in a a couple of days.

      I really like that you provide the Dominant's perspective as well- their struggles, challenges, their darkness- you rarely get to see that. And I love that you've shown so many aspects of this lifestyle- how there are so many variations to submission and domination.

      Your work is better than the published books I've read.

      I'm sorry your following has cut down, I do hope you continue to write and post. I will continue to read your work no matter the content.

      I've only ever commented on your site. You forced me out of lurkdom.

      and if you ever come across any enjoyable reads, please do pass on the recs, again no matter the subject content.

      Delete
  3. Lovely, as usual. Poor Mike. And Sheldon was awesome. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I have been checking back obsessively to see how Milton and Mike sort themselves out. I really hope that there is another part to come soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll check back again soon as I posted a new part. Thanks for letting me know you're enjoying it.

      Delete
  5. I just wanted to give Sheldon a great big hug in this chapter. He's really finding peace in himself now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Sheldon has finally found himself and is happy with himself.

      Delete