Thursday, December 6, 2012

Breakfast with Master


Breakfast with Master

“Do you want pancakes, Sheldon?” Mace asked, already pulling out the flour and the mixing bowl.
“No,” Milton said softly.
“I didn’t ask you,” Mace shot back. He continued to pour the flour into the bowl and reached into the refrigerator for the milk.
“Sheldon is not having pancakes today,” Milton said in a steady voice. “It’s no longer his choice; it’s mine, and in the future do not ask him.”
Mace spun around, real anger evident in his eyes. He wiped his flour covered hands against his thighs, sprinkling his dark jeans with white specks. “I can’t believe you.”
“Don’t, Mace,” Milton said, keeping his voice steady. “You will not like where this conversation is going, and you’re making this harder for Sheldon, not easier. I will tell Trent to punish you for upsetting my slave.”
Sheldon dropped his head and picked at his placemat at the mention of his official title. Milton rubbed the back of Sheldon’s neck, hoping the weight of his hand would anchor his boy. Sheldon had bratted for a long time; a new title and a new status were hard for him. His desires were suddenly naked for all to see.
“Are you going to make him eat bread and water on the floor?”
“How I treat my slave is not your business. Leave the kitchen. Talk to Trent, or I will.” Milton let the unspoken threat hang in the air. If he had to speak to Trent, he’d make sure Mace was solidly punished.
“Fine,” Mace spat and marched out of the kitchen.
Milton pulled Sheldon onto his lap and wrapped his arms tightly around a shocked and shivering boy. “Shh. It’s my job to protect you. You were a very good boy not to lash out at Mace. I’m very proud of you.”
“I feel like a wimp.”
“There is nothing wimpy about being a slave; it is very hard work.” 
Sheldon nuzzled into Milton's neck, but his eyes registered his disbelief. Instead of feeling empowered by his new status, he was feeling emasculated. Milton sighed and drew Sheldon closer, dropping a kiss on the red hair.
"I never told you this would be easy, but Mace will come around. You've been friends for a long time, and I won't take that away." Sheldon needed his friend; he tended to easily make acquaintances, but rarely make friends. Sheldon didn't have friends at work. Landon and Mace were his only true friends outside of their tangled group of six, and Landon was as much a mentor as a friend. 
"What are we having for breakfast?" Sheldon asked.
Sheldon wasn't ready to talk. Make it ordinary; they could talk later. "Eggs Benedict. It's my favorite, and I know you like it.” Milton stood and pulled Sheldon with him. "You have to help. It's bad form for the master to cook for the slave."
***
Milton rubbed his eyes as he plowed through another paper. He couldn't hide behind his work for much longer. Luke was working on his dissertation, Sheldon was watching TV, and Mike had disappeared somewhere. Austin was downstairs doing his homework, or at least the boy better be. They'd had a discussion last night about Austin's haphazard approach to college. Milton wasn't going to harass him into completing every assignment, and bratting in situations where it could damage his future was something Milton didn't tolerate. If he found that boy playing zombies and whatever one more time, it was going to be the belt. Fear of your dominant could be healthy. Milton had been kind today; he'd sent Tilden to check. Tilden would harass and cajole and maybe swat, but he wouldn't leather their disobedient cub's ass.
Milton startled at the tap on the door. "Come in."
Mace entered, shutting the door behind him but staying close to its safety. His eyes were red, and his head was down. Trent had obviously taken Mace's disagreement this morning beyond a simple conversation. 
"Bad?" Milton asked gently.
"Trent called me irrationally angry. I'm sorry."
"Apology accepted. Thank you," Milton said formally and stood up. He captured Mace's wrists before Mace could flee. It had been a long time since Milton had pulled Mace onto his lap, but this was a boy who was struggling. Milton rarely saw Mace give off submissive signals, but at the moment it was unmistakable. "You're still angry and confused, aren't you? And by the way I don't consider your anger irrational just inappropriate. Sheldon is your friend. You don't understand what happened. I'm the obvious target, the cause of the changes."
"I don't want to be here." Mace's voice was soft, and Milton chose to ignore the request.
"Tell me what you feel when you see Sheldon now."
"Angry."
"Angry at me?"
"Yes." Mace managed to make that single word sound like an entire litany against Milton.
"Understandable. I'm the master."
"You're the asshole who screwed it up. Sheldon was happy before—" Mace broke off.
"I won't punish you for honesty. Yes, I was the asshole who couldn't keep his dick in his trousers. Does that about sum it up?"
Mace nodded.
"I hurt Sheldon; I hurt him badly. You don't have to tell me that. I know, but I also know we were having trouble in our relationship long before I succumbed to temptation. Sheldon was struggling to find his footing as my submissive. His brother's and Ryan's relationship, my role as head of the Green Mountain Boys, and the effect of time were all changing our relationship and the power structure within it."
"He was fun. He was happy."
"Sometimes." And sometimes Sheldon was screaming for help, Milton added silently. Milton had known the dynamics were changing. They'd both become too comfortable in the old ways; Milton hadn't pushed hard enough to make the needed changes until Sheldon imploded and demanded everything. 
"You think he was unhappy?"
"I think he needs something very different than you. You're rarely a submissive. I'm not privy to what goes on in your bedroom with Trent, but I suspect the dynamics are far different than our arrangement. I am always a dominant, and Sheldon is always a submissive. Those roles are irrevocable. You, on the other hand, rarely show a submissive side except when under emotional stress." Milton brushed his fingers through Mace's hair. "If you hadn't been hurt, you would never have been a submissive at all. Maybe it was wrong what Josh and I did all those years ago, pushing you both toward a power dynamic, but you were both hurting, and the power exchange is something we understand. It troubles me that I never see you and Trent play, and it troubles me that you find Sheldon's deep submission so incomprehensible. We may have forced you someplace you shouldn't be if you can't comprehend Sheldon's desires."
Mace sat still for several minutes. "May I get up?"
"You may." Milton unwound his arms, allowing Mace to go free. 
Mace walked slowly to the window and stared out as if he was trying to find the western sky between the reds and gold of fall. He leaned against the window, a pose he'd probably taken thousand of times against the side of a corral. "I don't know," he said, his drawl thickening as he spoke. "I'm not like your boys; I've known that for ages. I understood the bratting. It was such an obvious game. I don't understand this—the complete loss of autonomy. I get the sexual charge." Mace flushed and grimaced. "Oh, I get that for sure. When you're mad it goes straight to my groin. Trent only has to stare a certain way, and I get all tingly. So yes, you and Josh were right all the time; I am a submissive. I was also totally messed up in the head, and I needed someone to take charge. I needed a good old-fashioned kick in the pants. Josh is always good for that if Trent doesn't step up and do it himself, but I don't want it all the time." Mace's eyes went to the window again. "I don't want to play at it, but I'm not a 24/7 submissive, at least not now."
"Can you understand and accept what Sheldon needs?" Milton asked softly.
"I'm trying, and I'm trying not to hate you because I’ve always liked and trusted you. You've seen me at my worst and have always been decent and kind." Mace shoved his hands in his pockets.
"Come here, cowboy." Milton folded Mace into a tight hug. "I'm a dominant; I'm a master, but I do care about each of those beautiful men who are entangled in my life and love. I promise I'll try my best for them, and I expect you'll tell me when I'm not. Just try to be patient with me for a while. Can you do that?"
"I'll try, but I won't promise."
"Mace," Milton said, pushing Mace to arm's length. "If you speak to Sheldon as you did this morning, I will punish you. Understand that. Now go."

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that mace is concerned. he wouldn't be a friend if he wasn't. Love how it sounded like milton wasn't going to let sheldon have breakfast, but he makes eggs benedict. and Milton is protecting Sheldon, every step of the way. Great story. melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mace might not show up often in the stories, but he is a good friend to Sheldon. Milton protects his boy. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I was wondering how Trent and Mace would react to this development. Mace is a good friend and you can see how hard this is for him, especially as he seems so uneasy in his own submissiveness... But I know Milton will prove himself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder and you shall find out. Mace is a good friend.

      Delete